Website Design Guide – Getting Started
Website Design Guide
Designing Websites is a consultative process. To build an effective website we need to know about your business, your vision and ideas and what type of involvement you intend to have in the ongoing work a website requires. People have completely different requirements and expectations of a website –
- I want it just for clients to look at
- I desperately need a website to get me more business
- I need a website to sell my products online as I don’t have a retail outlet.
Each of these requires a completely different type of website with different amounts of work (and ongoing work) by everyone involved including you the client.
We decided to make it a bit easier for you by asking you some questions here and now. This will take you to the information you need more easily. You won’t get bogged down in reading stuff that really is not at all relevant.
Before you start
The other thing is to try and think about the future of your business – your roadmap.
- Will you ever sell products online?
The more clarity you have about moving forward the better choices you will make at the start of the process.
Also, what do you want people to do once they have interacted with the website? This can have an impact on your time and workflow.
- Call you?
- Email you?
- Complete a contact form?
- Sign up?
We love to chat about things like this because we can design your website to include your future plans. This has potential savings for you as we can build a site that is not going to create potential major costs to add features down the line. You can find out more about WordPress from the organisation’s website.
Lastly read all the options below before you make any decisions. The Website Design Guide attempts to give you clarity about what type of website you need. Please contact us with any questions and a free quotation
Wesite Design Options
What type of website do you need?
If you answer yes or sort of yes to any of these hit the Budget Website button
- Do you get most of your work from word of mouth and that is enough?
- You need a website just to have a presence on the internet and showcase to your clients.
- I don’t need to be #1 in the google lists. I don’t need any online advertising.
- Simply, you want a nice information website so that people can see you are a legitimate business.
If you answer yes or sort of yes to any of these hit the Small Business Websites button
- I need a website to generate work. I am not skilled in marketing and my business is very hands on.
- My business is fairly competitive so I need to rank well on Google.
- I am booked up for a while but I need leads to keep coming in to secure future work.
- I’m thinking of expanding in the near future and employing a couple of people to help but I need more work.
If you answer yes or sort of yes to any of these hit the Business Website button
- I have a growing company with a marketing budget for advertising.
- Our website needs updating. It is just not bringing enough traffic anymore.
- I know about the internet and google and want a mix of organic SEO and PPC AdWords marketing.
- I have a list of keywords phrases we have been using but things have changed a bit and we do more things now.
If you answer yes or sort of yes to any of these hit the eCommerce Website button
- We don’t have a shop and we want to sell our products over the internet in Australia.
- We are an events company and want to sell tickets online.
- We need a membership website with online payments.
- We are a charity and want to take donations online
The Getting Started – Website Design Guide Contact Form
Free no obligation chat – no problem